Data Imaging on an FTP ServerThe following instructions explain which settings and prerequisites are needed for data imaging on an FTP server.
1. FTP softwareFor data imaging on an FTP server an additional software tool like NetDrive Client needs to be installed. This software enables you to link a folder on the FTP server to a drive letter. The instructions below are in reference to NetDrive.
2. Configuring the FTP softwareStart NetDrive and create a new
site. In the list click on the new
siteand enter all the requisite FTP data in the right menu. For the drive letter, enter 'Z'.
3. Profile propertiesCreate a new profile. If the Profile Wizard opens, exit it by clicking on
4. Copy modeSelect User-defined copy mode.
5. Copy rules
- In the left menu select Copy Rules.
Under Rules for Overwriting Files, select the Rule
Overwrite file if the size of both files is different.
- In the left menu below Copy Rules, select Delete.
Activate the option
Delete items at destination which are not present at source.
6. Source and destination foldersIn the left menu click on Folders.
- In the source folder list add the folder containing the data to be imaged.
- In the destination folder list add the drive letter 'Z:'.
7. Saving your settingsYou have now completed all the requisite settings. Conclude by clicking on
8. Test your settingsNow change to
NetDriveand link the FTP folder to the drive letter. Create a copy preview of your profile and examine the results of the settings you have made.